Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ran 9.5k!

Today was both a great day and a bad day for me. How you ask? I did not want to run and hence got bored of it after crossing 28 minutes. It was also the day when I had decided to run 9k. So you can imagine how terrible the next half hour was spent. I just kept mentally pushing myself until the run became as natural as sleeping.

The weird thing is that I started feeling some pain around 15th minute and that came and went throughout the run. My right knee when adjusted felt okay enough for me to keep running but from 35th minute to the 45th minute it felt like my knee was strapped to weights because it felt brittle and hard.

But the last 15 minutes was fine. This is the longest I have run since April and while that may not seem like much, my body and my muscles have gotten used to not running that distance and hence protested a bit. Rest of the day has been quite tiring and I have been sooooo hungry. I had snacks and biscuits to keep me going through the day. To be honest I want to curl up and sleep right now but I can't. I have to work. Tomorrow I get my ass to the gym and work on my core. Today I just have to resign myself to the fact I look and feel like death warmed over...(I am laughing right now cause I know I sound uber dramatic).

I need to figure out a more potent diet to keep me going maybe even look into supplements to keep the energy up because next week is me doing a couple of 11ks. This Sunday again I am going for another 10k run.

And  my knee? Well, the pain keeps coming and going but my right knee has taken it better than it ever has in a long long time. I am extremely optimistic because of just that. I am excited for July 7th when my body would have completely gotten used to running more than 10k and hence the 10k run itself will hopefully feel like a walk in the park. Alright guys. I am off now. I have work and that's not stopping for anyone.

Happy running and happy feet to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aishwarya,
    Bumped into your blog, nice to come across another runner in the city :)
    I took up running some time back and now am hooked on to it, its addictive.
    I thought ll share this with you as it has helped me immensely to improve as a runner. I am a part of Runner's High, its a community of runners in Bangalore headed by Santosh Padmanabhan. Here he along with other coaches, train you to run / conquer the distance :)
    Their Facebook Page link: https://www.facebook.com/runnershigh.in
    Its a very structured program which helps you to get better both in speed and time slowly and steadily.
    Besides this, its great to interact with people who like the same thing as you do :)
    Hope you dint mind me going on and on ..... all the best in your running endeavors and looking forward to reading more from you!
    P.S - I am a Runner and love to reach out to people who like the same thing as I do. Being with RH has really made a big difference in my life. Hence I like to pass on this feedback to as many people as possible This is not a promotion or sales pitch and RH is not involved in this :)
    Cheers
    Gauri
    Runnergirlinthekitchen.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. No this is great! Would love to join you guys for a run as I want to run a full post september. But is it paid? Where do you guys run? When? Any more details you can provide for me? (And I LOVE hearing from other runners in the city :) It creates such a sense of community.

      Delete

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.