Friday, May 31, 2013

The blues have hit me hard

If yesterday was a high for me for having run over five kilometres in one go after a long time, today is all about hitting rock bottom. My body is in pain and my muscles are aching so badly. Thankfully my doctor has promised me that I will be up and running (literally and figuratively soon) and my physio starts tomorrow, so I am trying to psych myself up and get excited.

But I got the blues. I am walking like a crystal mannequin afraid that I am going to break very soon. My legs feel like iron rods and my body just wants to collapse (it does not help at all that I have cramps). My right knee is doing me no favours as well. Why haven't I ever read about these blues anywhere online? Am I the only one who gets this way or are people not willing to talk about times when they have stumbled and fallen? I can understand people not wanting to talk about their apprehensions because I barely want to admit I feel shitty today. I keep thinking if I admit that I feel shitty today, I will simply give up on this and walk away from torturing my own body with rigourous exercise and running sessions so I can run 21km in September.

Seriously what am I thinking? 21km is the kind of distance you flag a cab for! I sometimes think I am absolutely nuts for being so passionate about running. But then I feel so alive when I am able to push my body beyond its limits. So, I am letting myself feel pathetic today. I am going to wallow in the blues. Tomorrow I will wake up, shake this off and grab my workout clothes and head off to the gym for physiotherapy. Yes, I am injured and no I don't always love running because the pain gets you mentally and physically. But tomorrow I will run. Because you have to push your body and your mind. That's how you get stronger. And the dream of running a whopping 42km is still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.