Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Jillian Michaels to the rescue?

Ever since my last run (which was on Thursday I think), I have shied away from running because I am scared I will end up with knee pain again. So instead I have contended with long brisk walks, cycling and yes, doing exercise videos.

Jillian delivers alright!
Here's the thing I like about exercise videos - you can workout with minimal equipment at the comfort of your home and you are still keeping your body active and working the muscles. The videos are cheap and frankly I saw a lot of change when I started using Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred. I did it for a month last year and lost visible weight.

Here's the reason why my doctor has told me to keep away from exercise videos - without personal supervision, you could be doing the exercises all wrong! You need to be guided by a professional as to how you are supposed to position your body. I completely understand what he is talking about, which is why I have joined a gym and will be starting from this Saturday but until then, I don't want my body to feel wasted either.

I have so far done Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 and of course the Ba
nish Fat Boost Metabolism videos of hers. The 30 day shred is extremely effective to anyone who is used to exercising but wants to see results. The videos are less than 30 minutes!

But my favourite has to BFBM video. It's close to one hour and it's a great cardiovascular workout. My face turns beetroot red every time I try it and according to my HRM watch (it's one of those cheap ones which are not entirely reliable), I burn up to 800 calories! It's a win win in my book. But none of those have helped me with my running, which remains my passion. If weight loss was the goal, then I would have stuck to working out but I love how I am when I am running. It's like I can watch and experience the world go by at the same time. My mind goes blank at entire stretches and then at the end of the run, I feel like I have truly accomplished something.

So here's hoping Saturday brings forth everything I hope for my marathon dreams. Will update with pics later on that front. But I want to thank Jillian Michaels before that. Jillian....you are great woman who changed the way I viewed fitness and delivered me with results which I loved. Thank you babe.

P.S Even though she promises that you can lost up to 5 pounds a week, let's face it...that's not happening!

P.P.S Only use these workouts if going to the gym is not possible and you are already active. Because BFBM is quite hardcore and definitely not for the weak-hearted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.