Thursday, May 30, 2013

I ran! I ran!

Ok so it wasn't the best run in the universe and I hurt after 27 minutes. But then a funny thing happened - I changed the way I ran to a more aggressive way where I ran from my thighs. I think it loosened up my thigh muscles but the pain actually subsided to a slow burn! I got home after a glorious 35 minute run (yes I am celebrating 35 minute runs now) and I was sure I could have at least run 10 more minutes. Next goal is to run 40 minutes the way I ran today in the last 10 minutes. I may not be totally back but I am getting there baby! Happy day today. As weird as it sounds I am actually grateful to my injury because I would have never kept such good care of my body if it hadn't been for this wake up. Hate to admit but everything happens for a reason. Happy running to all of you :)


P.S Oh and I stretched. I cannot emphasise how IMPORTANT it is to stretch. But it might be the reason I do well at the Chennai Half Marathon in July. My dream is alive! Hallelujah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.