Sunday, May 26, 2013

Running outside is a pain!

I have decided to take it slow with my recovery and not push myself. Which means I run on the treadmill and smooth surfaces and am not going to be running on the open road for a while. The reason being the roads are so hapazard in Bangalore that I am constantly either dodging a car from hitting me or I am setting over annoying potholes and jumping from pavements because some bike is riding there...

The toll on my knees because of running on Jayanagar 4th Block is terrible and I am giving them a break until they heal. Which is good because I start gymming from June and therefore have access to the treadmill there. Until then I think I am just going to force myself to use the stationary bike at home....

Today my goal is to do is for 30 minutes at a good enough speed that I have worked up a considerable sweat. I still am optimistic about running 10k at the Chennai half marathon being held on July 7th. In fact I want to squeeze in a couple of 10k runs in June (4 to be specific). July I want to move onto 15 and 17 and by September I should ideally be ready for 21 whopping kilometres.

I am also planning on increasing my milk intake, adding more curd and figuring out a more nutritious plan. Currently I eat everything that is vegetarian but I need to add more nutrition if I plan on running further. Mulling over whether or not I need to visit a nutritionist but I think what should be best right now is taking things one thing at a time. That means being able to run with no pain in the right knee, period.

I am really not looking forward to tonight...I hate cycling but pretty much anything for my knee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.