Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ugh my diet

I have started noticing that in the recent weeks, my junk food to healthy food ratio is absolutely skewered. Am having too much junk food and just because am not putting on weight does not mean my body is not feeling the after effects. Sooner or later (the way am going am sure it's sooner), it's going to catch up to me. I am very worried. I need proteins, carbs and loads of fibre and you don't get that from a bhel puri (go figure).

More peanuts. Bananas when I am hungry. A glass of milk in the morning and no more milk and cheese only after a long run. I also have cut out chips from my life. I hardly ever eat pizza anymore but have been eating nearly one packet of chips a day (at least which I know is the worst thing I could do to myself). I need to bring some healthy snacks from home to quench my hunger in the afternoons at work. Just because working out makes me hungry does not mean I have to eat all the time. And I really need to eat healthy. Am going to keep a food diary on this blog along with my running one.

P.S I finally ran a bit yesterday for 20 minutes. The muscles have finally loosened up. And I worked out hard at the gym. My body is absolutely recovered and I am bloody thankful. This weekend am hoping to do anywhere between 12-15kms. I am so grateful for my physiotherapist, Dr Gladson. He really changed my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.