Monday, August 19, 2013

One thousand feet to ascend

The longer I look at the trail map for the Hyderabad Marathon, the more scared I tend to become. By the looks of it I the first 7.5KMs are bumpy by themselves with loads of ups and downs. And then my route ends with a clear ascent of close to 1,000 feet.

Oh well. It will be a blast anyway. If I run in Hyderabad, then I would have run in Bangalore, Chennai, Pune and Hyderabad so far and that count can only increase by October when I run the Coimbatore half marathon. Either way I have decided to become very serious starting this week. Going to run anywhere between 17 and 20kms on the weekends and going to sucker in one 10k run during the weekdays in the coming weeks with maybe a 5k run if I can manage it. Also, not going to forget about heading to the gym. I want to run injury free in Coimbatore. And I don't want to be in too much pain at the end of Hyderabad. Let's see. Fingers crossed. Happy running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.