Friday, August 16, 2013

Just in - push the panic button

This is what happens when you make a knee jerk decision without thinking things through. While I love being an impulsive person, I just just found out that the Hyderabad marathon features a terribly hilly terrain. So for my first leg of the competition, I literally have to do a slow descent up a hill! Which is awesome when you have IT Band issues (not!). Sigh. It's ok. I will make it. I can do it. I will just train extra hard this week. Stretch extra hard and pray extra hard. And take it easy on the hills. I have an hour and 45 minutes before I am disqualified and that's ok cause even at my slowest walk I finish in 70. So I am taking it slow and going to enjoy the run and stretch all day long after the race. And am definitely not tackling any form of hills in the near future and I should be fully recovered in time for my first official half marathon on October 6th. I know I am cutting everything short but I have faith. And plenty of time to foam roll. Till next time you guys.

P.S Always check before letting someone register you for a marathon. Even if it's a relay. But then 10.5 does not seem like it will be too much. Fingers crossed and praying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.