Monday, August 19, 2013

Officially scared for Sunday and my left knee!

Ok so my left knee (IT Band) has been doing loads better in the past week and a half. Loads of stretching, foam rolling and cross training has made it pain free on days I don't run. Yesterday feeling relatively confident I went out for a 7k run or so I thought. Right from minute 5 my knee felt uncomfortable but no pain. So I stopped a bit and stretched and the leg felt better and I took off again. At minute 17 (my 3 mark) I started feeling pain. It was mild enough that I thought I could push through it. But at minute 26 when I had finished 4.5km, my pain navigated from sides of my left knee to my whole lower knee and I knew I had to stop so as to not exasberate the condition further.

Now since I have been through this whole rigmarole with my right knee, I know that this will get better (my right knee has been very smug and pain free through these past few weeks touch wood). But I am truly worried about Hyderabad Marathon coming this Sunday. I have upped my daily stretches to four times a day and I plan on doing another short run tomorrow to test my legs. I just really want to enjoy an entire period of time when my legs are devoid of any kind of pain except for the usual soreness. Hopefully September will bring with it a pain free month that I enjoyed in July. Stretch people! It saves your knees!

Update: A panicked phone call occurred from my end to my physiotherapist right after lunch. Yup. I panicked and how! Almost laughing now at how desperate and scared I sounded on the phone. Anyway, long story short - am gonna go to PT after work today and probably spend hours working on the IT band. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.