Sunday, December 15, 2013

Breaking from blogging....not running

So since my last post, I ran the 25 k Bangalore Ultra and the Bangalore celebration half. Bad news first - I felt terrible after Blore Ultra. I ran while sick. I got more sick during the run. I promptly fell extremely sick (lasted for half a month!) after the run. Note to self - never ever run on fever even if it's a race you have been prepping for. You never win and your body struggles to recover.

The good news: The Bangalore celebration was MUCH MUCH better. Ran 21.2kms in 2.24! I have cut out 10 minutes since October. The dream of finishing the run in less than 2.20 for SCMM lives! But I have been left with bad blood blisters. So been in recovery for most of the week. Will be entering the gym for the first time in a looooong time today. Need to work on my core. Going to buy some supplies to keep the blisters at bay (watch this space for more blister prevention techniques I have learnt!) and am feeling very optimistic about this year.

Thanks to everyone who has read this blog and encouraged me. I hope I have inspired at least one person to pick up the running shoes. Keep running. Keep smiling and a merry christmas to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.