Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dreams coming true and more cheesy lines

I know I have been radio-silence for almost two weeks now but I have good reason for it - I was terribly lazy. Yes. The lazy-bug caught me good. I actually did not work out or run for four days after the race cause I was "too busy with work." But then my friend did the best thing for me - he hooked me with an awesome running group.

We are called the BeeGeeRunBugs and most are from my own locality and they are mid-serious runners who for the most part run half marathons. And they are so much fun. And guess what? I ran 19k on Saturday! I was in pain after the run but I completed in two and half hours and it was the most exhilarating moment yet and next weekend I am running 20k again. Which means I am off to physiotherapy/gym this evening. What's great is that with continuous stretching my right knee was fine by Monday morning (oh I ran another 7.5k on Sunday!).



I can now officially boast of being a semi-serous runner who is ready to take on half marathons! I can run that distance! I am so happy I could burst. My dream when I started the blog has actually come true. I don't know if I want to run down streets yelling in joy or completely break down in tears knowing that I was able to overcome this injury and keep running.

I think this is my lesson from my whole short running career. There are more mountains to climb. Actual half marathons to run....full marathons to run but for now I am happy reveling in the fact that I have officially in my own way become a runner.

Keep running you guys...there is no greater feeling that accomplishing your goals in life.

P.S I have brand new socks which I will blog about soon enough and I have a new running wardrobe consisting of dri-fit t-shirts! AND I might be buying a new cycle. It's an all around great month for me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.