Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I'm back!

So I know I have been gone a long time but my experience in Hyderabad was quite bad and I didn't want to come across as the whiniest runner of all time. The good things first - I was able to do my leg of the race with minimal pain. The pain only kicked in at the 45th minute and even then by the 59th minute I was done with my part! Our team came in 21st out of over 60 teams. Not bad I say.

The bad part now - while the half and full marathons were so wonderfully organised in the Airtel Hyderabad Marathon, the relay part was not quite as a good. Only because early in the morning we were shuffled from one end to another, not knowing where we were going. Also, there were no spectators. Zilch. At one point I was nearly hit by a biker who decided to forgo the policeman's instruction to stay put and anyway run over the runners. Very classy indeed. Another part I missed? Because the volunteers were spread over 42kms, there were not enough to really help when help was needed. Why you ask? Well, I decided to run past my own section and ran 15kms on that day. Busting my knee in the process, again. I had some people spraying in volini but no one knew how to take me to the finish line once I was done running my bit. The lack of people cheering you on also played heavily on the psyche. That said. It's a beautiful city. Beautiful marathon. Just wish the people in the city cared more about the runners. Oh well.

Now the really good news - my left knee is almost fixed! Even though literally a week ago I could not run more than five minutes without pain, thanks to strengthening exercises, rehab and stretching, both my knees are doing quite well. I ran for half hour a couple of days ago and even though I felt pain at the 30th minute, once I was done, the pain was gone. I stretched loads and whatever little discomfort I was feeling before is slowly ebbing away. GOOD NEWS. Today am planning on making it 45-50 minutes of running. Let's see.

Have also been thinking a lot about getting Nike Free Flyknit. But they cost Rs 14,000 and that bill scares the hell out of me! But then I am planning on at least trying it out and seeing. Anyway I seem to have sprained my left hand, so can't type too much (I must have slept incorrectly, just my luck I say). I am just glad, I am back to writing about running in a hopeful and cheerful mood. I love running again!

Happy running you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
I am a human being based in Bangalore. I have worked for the New Indian Express and DNA and working in the communications industry. I love music, books, movies and TV shows . I LOVE to run. It's my passion and hobby. But it became a serious love only this year. And my list of priorities are - Arsenal football club and then breathing.